Team Sun & Ski Sports
Why do we do more than ride? – To fight multiple sclerosis (MS), a progressive neurological disease, and help provide funding to create breakthroughs to transform the quality of life for others in our communities.
We continue to work toward this mission every year by participating in the South Central Chapter of the National MS Society’s BP MS 150, a two-day fundraising bike ride and the largest of its kind in North America. Since 1998, Sun & Ski Sports has provided mechanic and fundraising support for the event. In 2001, due to a growing desire by employees and customers to make a bigger impact, an official cycling team for our company was created - Team Sun & Ski Sports.
Over the past 20 years our team has raised more than $4.6 million and been awarded honors by the National MS Society including:
- (2017) Most Spirited Team
- (2017)Excellence in Social Media
- (2015) Bronze Safety Award
- (2014) Circle of Distinction
- (2012) Green Team Award
- (2011) Top Fundraising Team
- (2011, 2005, 2004) Lone Star Chapter Mission Possible Award
- (2011, 2010) Silver Safety Award
- (2010) #5 Fundraising Team
- (2009, 2006, 2004, 2002) #3 Fundraising Team
- (2007) $1 Million Milestone
We accept the challenge to ride 150 miles in two days to give others hope. We strive to better ourselves by training to be faster and stronger riders. We promise to deliver an experience unlike any other and we promise to come back next year ready to do it all over again.
With our stores as Official BP MS 150 Bike Shops and select locations as New Rider Orientation host sites, we are fully committed to helping all riders stay safe, raise awareness about MS and educate others about why we do more than ride.
There are four basic requirements to join the Sun & Ski Sports Team:
- 1. Register with the MS Society for the BP MS 150, pay the event registration fee (cost varies on when you register) and choose Team Sun & Ski.
- 2. Pay our $125 team fee via a link from our team captains email. This gives you access to all our team benefits.
- 3. Fundraise a minimum of $500.
- 4. If under 18, please have your parent or guardian authorize the waiver box.
Store Discounts for Team Members
- 35% discount on all bike maintenance
- 15% discount on any cycling apparel
- 10% discount on any non-sale bike
Ride Benefits & Support
- Team start with private luggage transport from Houston to La Grange and on to Austin.
- Catered team lunch and mechanic support in Bellville.
- Massage therapists, party tent, catered dinner, sleeping tent, breakfast, mechanic support and more in La Grange.
- Lunch and drinks at the Austin finish.
- Custom jersey.
- Weekly social/training rides.
- Regular email updates from team captains.
- Fundraising prizes