Team Sun & Ski Sports
Why do we do more than ride? – To fight multiple sclerosis (MS), a progressive neurological disease, and help provide funding to create breakthroughs to transform the quality of life for others in our communities.
We continue to work toward this mission every year by participating in the South Central Chapter of the National MS Society’s BP MS 150, a two-day fundraising bike ride and the largest of its kind in North America. Since 1998, Sun & Ski Sports has provided mechanic and fundraising support for the event. In 2001, due to a growing desire by employees and customers to make a bigger impact, an official cycling team for our company was created - Team Sun & Ski Sports.
Over the past 20 years our team has raised more than $4.6 million and been awarded honors by the National MS Society including:
- (2017) Most Spirited Team
- (2017)Excellence in Social Media
- (2015) Bronze Safety Award
- (2014) Circle of Distinction
- (2012) Green Team Award
- (2011) Top Fundraising Team
- (2011, 2005, 2004) Lone Star Chapter Mission Possible Award
- (2011, 2010) Silver Safety Award
- (2010) #5 Fundraising Team
- (2009, 2006, 2004, 2002) #3 Fundraising Team
- (2007) $1 Million Milestone
We accept the challenge to ride 150 miles in two days to give others hope. We strive to better ourselves by training to be faster and stronger riders. We promise to deliver an experience unlike any other and we promise to come back next year ready to do it all over again.
With our stores as Official BP MS 150 Bike Shops and select locations as New Rider Orientation host sites, we are fully committed to helping all riders stay safe, raise awareness about MS and educate others about why we do more than ride.