Sun & Ski Sports COVID-19 Response
A Letter from Our President & COO
To our valued Sun & Ski Sports Customer,
As our communities are impacted with the rapidly evolving effects of COVID-19, our upmost priority is the well-being and safety of you and our associates. We have been reviewing recommendations from local health authorities and the CDC in order to modify our policies and implement best practices as this fluid situation unfolds.
Here are just a few steps our teams are taking in order increase preventive measures in all of our locations:
- Enhanced cleaning of common touch-points in our store, offices, and distribution center using disinfectant on all flat surfaces (i.e. cash wrap, desks, etc.), doors and door handles, phone handsets, cash registers and screens, bathrooms, drink coolers, and rental kiosks.
- Reinforcing the best practices from the CDC on preventing the spread of any illness to all of our associates:
- Clean your hands often.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Reinforcing associates to remain home if they are sick, and to call their direct manager before coming to work.
- A reminder of the symptoms and communication process have been sent out, and all managers have been given instruction on what information to collect to provide to our HR team before any associate that is sick can be cleared to return to work.
- Notes on the doors of the store to ask customers who are showing symptoms of illness to please refrain from coming into the store, and use our website and/or to call us so that we may help them the best way we can while protecting our associates and other customers.
- Cancelled all non-essential travel for our associates, as well as cancelled large group events.
- Modified store hours and reduced staff to further protect both our customers and associates.
- Closed stores in accordance with state and local requirements.
As we move forward, we will continue to monitor new developments that occur near all our locations and the communities in which they operate in order to be able to continue to provide a healthy environment for our associates and our customers.
Ways You Can Still Shop
- Buy Online, Ship to Store with Curbside Pickup (Select Locations)
Customer Support Changes
As a precautionary health measure for our support specialists in light of COVID-19, we will be handling all services through Email and Live Chat. You may experience longer response times. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience. This message will be updated as the situation changes.
If you do choose to call in, please leave your email address in the message so that a support specialist can respond.
Due to social distancing rules, we are currently NOT offering custom boot fittings.
The following Sun & Ski Sports stores are currently temporarily closed. Customers in these communities can still shop online. This list will be updated as needed.
We are offering Curbside Pickup with Ship to Store orders for select locations. For more information and a list of participating stores, visit our Ship to Store detail page.
Select stores are offering Bike Services and Free Bike Adjustments. See a list of participating stores.
We will accept returns up to 30 days after our stores re-open their doors for those returns that would normally have fallen outside the first 30 day window after purchase. All other return policy requirements will still hold, but this will give our customer's a chance to return or exchange items that they were unable to due to the COVID-19 restrictions.
If you have mailed back a return on your order, it will take longer to process. Our associates health is very important to us and we have put in measures in order to reduce possible exposure. The returned packages will not be touched and will remain in place for up to 2 weeks, and then they will be processed for returns based on the normal return process procedures.