What are some tips for beginner kneeboarding?
The belly start is a popular way for kneeboarding novices to get upright in deep water. If you are new to kneeboarding, follow these simple steps for a smooth kneeboarding belly start:
- Start by lying with your belly flat on the kneeboard.
- Keep the kneeboard straps forward and the nose of the kneeboard slightly out of the water.
- Hold your kneeboard rope with one hand, and hold the side of the kneeboard with your other hand.
- Once your tow boat starts to move, slide your knees into the fitted knee wells on your kneeboard.
- Lean back slightly, and try to keep your weight centered over your hips.
- As you get your balance, keep one hand on the kneeboard rope, and use the other hand to pull your kneeboard straps up over your knees.
- Make sure that your kneeboard straps are securely fastened, and enjoy your kneeboard surfing ride!
Visit your local Sun & Ski shop for expert advice about different kneeboarding designs and kneeboard straps.