Five Things You Should Never Bike Without
Biking is a relaxing way to unwind after a long day at the office. While it can be relaxing, there are some risks from going out and about. By preparing ahead of time for some common issues, you'll be able to deal with them quickly and get back to unwinding. So, before you bike, make sure you never travel without these necessities.
Spare Tire Tube
The quicker way to repair a flat tire that doesn’t require a temporary fix is to pull out the old inner tube and put in a new one, plus inner tubes are really easy to carry around. We carry many options such as the Sunlite 700x18-25 80 mm Presta Valve Bicycle Inner Tube.
Mini Tire Pump
After you change the inner tube, you will need to inflate the tire. Portable tire pumps weigh less and are smaller than regular tire pumps. Check out the Blackburn Mammoth Flip Bike Pump,which is designed to accommodate anything from a road bike to a mountain bike.
Whether you’re hitting the trail or commuting in acity, there are three categories of safety equipment that you shouldn’t ever ride without. This includes a helmet, daylights, and contrast clothing. You can take a more in-depth look at it in our blog.
- Helmet - Check out the Smith Portal MIPS Cycling Helmet which features 18 vents, Multi-directional Impact Protection Syste (MIPS), to protect you from concussions, and an anti-bacterial performance lining.
- Day Lights -The Blackburn Dayblazer 800/65 light set features micro-USB& rechargeable lithium-ion battery with a run-time of three hours on the high setting and 6 hours on the low setting.
- Contrast Clothing - While out on your bike, it is good to wear high-contrast clothing. this allows you to be visible in many conditions. Some clothing even has reflective strips for low-light conditions.
Staying hydrated while out and about is an important part of biking and having a great time. While on a bike, you have multiple hydration options ranging from carrying a water bottle, a hydration pack, to even a special cage to hold water.
- Water Bottle - You don’t want to run the risk of over-heating, a 21-ounce water bottle is perfect for when you’re on the go. The CamelBak Podium Chill 21 Oz Insulated Water Bottle is a great option to keep water cold twice as long with a leak-proof and double-wall construction. It’s also constructed to fit perfectly within a water bottle cage.
- Hydration Packs - If you don’t want to worry about reaching down to grab a water bottle or want to go for something with more carry capacity, check out the CamelBak Chase 50 Oz Bike Vest.
- Bottle Cage - A water bottle cage makes it so you don’t have to hold your bottle while biking, which can be a distraction. The Blackburn Comp Water Bottle Cage features a light-weight aluminum body and provides water bottle storage without breaking the bank.
With these five items, you’ll be ready for your next biking adventure! Have more questions about biking? Visit our blog and take a quiz on what bike you should get. Or visit us in-store or online at your local Sun & Ski Sports for more info on biking.