What are some safety tips for a camping gas stove?
When choosing your gear for ultralight camping, don't underestimate the value of an ultralight camping stove. The Mountain Safety Research Pocketrocket Stove is approximately the size of your palm, and it weighs in at just 3 ounces. Other key features of this MSR stove include:
- Speed: The MSR Pocketrocket can boil a liter of water in less than 3.5 minutes.
- Safety: The MSR Pocketrocket has glove-friendly controls so you can adjust the heat precisely despite cold weather.
- Simplicity: The MSR Pocketrocket is quick and easy to use and burns IsoPro fuel, which is available in 8-ounce canisters.
Even when ultralight camping, keep these stove safety tips in mind:
- Separate: Keep the fuel and the stove in different places as much as possible to avoid accidental ignition.
- Clean and test: Test your camping gas stove before your trip to make sure it works, and clean it after each trip. A well-maintained camping gas stove will last longer and perform at its best.
- Backup: Bring backup fuel to avoid running out during your camping trip.