Ladies, Marin's 2011 Bear Valley WFG (Women's Fit Geometry) is tailor-made for you with an easier, more comfortable reach to the narrower handlebars, a sweet women's-specific seat and smaller-diameter grips that fit in your hands just right. Suntour custom-tuned their fork for you, too, so it soaks up small and large bumps beautifully with 100mm of travel. Plus, the precision Shimano drivetrain with TruVativ cranks deliver smooth, easy shifting season after season. And, you'll get the confidence that you can stop in any conditions with the Tektro disc brakes.
The Women's Fit Geometry bikes that we have designed is more than just about frame modifications. Marin's engineers have carefully designed the frame of the bicycle to fit a woman's body better, along with choosing parts and accessories that leverage the strengths of a woman's ergonomics. Each Women's Fit Geometry bike is designed to incorporate these elements in order to maximize your cycling experience.
With the same attention to detail as Marin's other models, we use custom drawn and butted tubesets in each size to tailor the ride feel. This means that every size frame rides with the same comfort and performance characteristics. Marin has not simply made men's bikes smaller. Marin specifically tunes suspension forks to better match a woman's weight distribution, and carefully chose parts to improve comfort and fit at all contact points.
How The Women's Fit Geometry Bikes Are Different:
- Shorter top tubes reduce the reach to the handlebars accommodating shorter torsos.
- Slightly relaxed steering geometry makes bike feel more stable.
- Smaller diameter handlebars and grips reduce fatigue for smaller hands.
- Custom tuned suspension components maximize performance for a woman's body weight distribution.
- Women's specific saddles provide more consistent support for a woman's anatomy**Note: A portion of the proceeds from the sale of Women's Fit Geometry bikes will be donated to Breast Cancer Research.